Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Out of Control (by Suzanne Brockmann)

Reviewed by Tracy L. Karol

4-1/2 stars

I'm not sure what it was about this book that had me so hooked. Certainly Suzanne Brockmann has a knack for writing great characters, and Ken "Wild Card" Karmody wasn't exactly the alpha male to end all alpha males, but I really, really liked this couple. I've read this book several times, and I truly wish SB would go back to writing characters that she seemed to like.

Granted, she wrote this when patriotic fever was at its pitch, but still -- the story is solid, Karmody proves himself a worthy hero (despite his "nerdy" ways, which actually are rather sexy), and the heroine is no slouch, even though she is rich beyond what most of us will ever dream of and way out of Karmody's league. I love the jungle plot and the dialogue between the characters, and how Karmody finally comes to realize that he loves this woman and faces down reporters at the end.

This is one book I highly recommend, and I hope to see Suzanne Brockmann go back to this style of writing. I'll read it again (for the 4th time?) just for the pure pleasure of it. It reads fine as a stand alone, though it is part of a series. No plot problems with this book.

Great job, Suzanne Brockmann! Please go back to this style of writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment